Frequently asked questions
1. Where is Namaste Yoga Farm located? Namaste Yoga Farm is located in the state of Karnataka on the tropical South Western side of India about 3 min walk to Kudle beach. Here is a video showing the property. Click here to see the video
2. Is your place safe? We hired 2 security men for a 24/7 security on site. Never in 8 years anything bad has happened.
3. Are there many power-cuts around Gokarna? Yes, power-cuts happen every day multiple times, but with our silenced generator producing 83 kw you can enjoy 24/7 electricity and WIFI
4. What beach is Namaste Yoga Farm located at? Namaste Yoga Farm is located adjacent to Kudle Beach, a small, peaceful cove. 3 minutes uphill from the golden sands of Kudle beach. Here is a video showing the path down to the beach. Click here to see the video.
5. How far is Namaste Yoga Farm from Vasco de Gama/Goa airport? The distance to the airport is about 150km, about a 3.5 hour drive. 60 Euro with a taxi from Goa airport to Gokarna, if we organize the trip. In Goa, going to a taxi stand, it is more expensive and the driver doesnt know how to find our place.
6. Are there direct flights available from around the world? Yes, it is an international airport and there are direct flights to Goa in the main season from November to March. For Inland flights from Mumbai or Delhi to Dabolim/Goa please visit www.google.com for economic international airfares and www.spicejet.com, www.indigo.com or www.kingfisherairlines.com.
7. Do you provide air ticket booking assistance? Yes we work together with a travel agent for booking assistance or visit above airlines for further information on available flights etc.
8. Do you have representative offices overseas? Yes we do have an office in Germany, Quellenstrasse 5, 71157 Hildrizhausen, +49/7034/7793 and are represented by a few specialized tour operators.
9. What is your check-in and check-out time? Check-in time 14:00 and Check-out time 11:00.
10. Do we have to live at Namaste Yoga Farm to do Yoga? No, drop ins are welcome anytime (300 rps/class) at Namaste Yoga Farm, though Yoga classes twice daily are included in the accommodation rate.
11. Can you help me finding a accommodation in case you are fully booked? Yes, we know most of the guest houses around.
12. Can i pay online? Yes, Paypal is available (you do not have to sign up with Paypal in order to pay with your credit card) and a bank to bank transfer to an german account.
1. How many accommodations do you have? 7 cottages, 2 ocean view rooms, 4 standard rooms and 2 tree houses.
2. When is the rainy season for Gokarna? The rainy season for south-west India is usually between mid-June until mid-September.
3. What facilities and inclusions do you provide in the guest rooms? Namaste Yoga Farm's accommodations include: Breakfast for 2 persons, wifi (wlan), access to a refrigerator, chairs and tables, yoga & meditation classes for 2 persons twice daily, a laptop and 2 cell phones you can borrow, electric water kettle for hot water, 24/7 silenced power back-up, 24/7 security on-site, mattress, 4 pillows each room, bed sheets and blankets, daily fresh towels, toilett paper, free drinking water, daily room cleaning, hot shower outside and we stamp and send your postcards.
4. Do you have TV in the rooms? We don't have televisions, but we show a movie on Saturday night on our big flatscreen in the chill-out area.
5. If people did want to go out for a drink / nightlife would they have to go to Goa? You can always have a glas of wine at Namaste Yoga Farm or a beer on the beach. For late night party you would have to go to Palolem/Goa and it would take about 2 hours with a taxi. The driver would wait and bring you back in the morning.
6. Do you have a shuttle bus service available to the next bigger town such as Gokarna or Karwar? No, there is no shuttle bus service available. However, we can provide a taxi service or Ricksaw for you.
7. Where will the main meals be served? Meals are served in the garden under the banyan tree at the chill-out place . We prepare breakfast ourself, but use the best vegetarian catering service in town for lunches and dinners, if you are a big group staying at least 7 days with us. Breakfast will only be served from 8am to 11am.
8. Do you have a restaurant? No we dont, but from 1pm to 7pm we serve a viarity of 5-8 dishes.
9. Do you serve meat at Namaste Yoga Farm or is it just vegetarian? Yes, it is pure vegetarian. Vegan can be an option. We have home-made tofu, soymilk and cheese.
10. What is the dress code at Namaste Yoga Farm? The dress code is casual, relaxed clothing.
11. Do you make special plans for holidays such as Christmas and the New Year? Yes, there is a small festive program of activities and special breakfast during holidays.
12. What languages does your staff speak? English, German, Italian, Swiss, Hindi, Kannada, Malayan, Austrian and Spanish.
13. What is the cost of the yoga classes? Staying in one of our accommodations means 2 persons get 2 free yoga classes daily and for drop-ins its 300INR.
Activities / Excursions
1. What activities are available? Creativity - a brush, paints and art materials may be brought to your room, in addition to mandalas for coloring. Mandala means 'sacred circle' in the ancient language of Sanskrit. Coloring mandalas can be a meditation or simply fun. Games - Chess and backgammon board games are available. Including 4 chess tournaments at least per season. Movies - An interesting collection of travel, an inspiring library of mind-opening movies, old favourites and comedy classics are available to watch on my laptop sometimes. Morning walks and adventure hikes offer stunning views, coconut palms and indian wildlife. Sunset boating, over night river-kayaking and cycling can also be arranged. We provide badminton and beach rackets.
2. What are the options for swimming? Namaste Yoga Farm is just 3 minutes from Kudle beach. 15 minutes in either direction you reach Om beach or Gokarna beach.
3. Do you have your own Kayaks? No, but we can rent 2 tandem and 2 single kayaks which are great for backwater and ocean kayaking.
4. Do you have activities for children? This season 2015/2016 we try to set up a kindergarden from 10am to 1pm. Colouring sets can be provided. Namaste Yoga Farm's beach is very quiet and the water at most times quiet shallow. Babysitting service can be provided at extra cost.
5. Do you organize activities/excursions outside of Namaste Yoga Farm? Yes, we can and do organize activities depending on your preferences.
6. Do you organise boat trips? Yes, we can organise day sightseeing tours. Kayak and sunset boat trips.
7. Is golf available? No, we dont have a golf course close to Namaste Yoga Farm.
8. Is tennis available? No, we dont have a tennis court close to Namaste Yoga Farm.
9. Is sailing available? No sailing is available around Gokarna. In Goa a saw some small 2 person Katamaran's for rent.
10. Are there any good chess players around? Yes, we have player's up to 2000 elo and sometimes an international master from Argentina ranking 2400 elo in the Fide list.